– BFT instead of a team of horses
– 38′ fifth wheel instead of a covered wagon
– Mini cooler full of fruit, chips and granola bars instead of saddle bags stocked with hard tack
– California Highway Patrol instead of a sheriff’s posse
– Yoga pants instead of a prairie skirt
– Ball cap instead of a cowboy hat
– Water in Nalgene bottles instead of canteens
– Gimpy, over-indulged black lab instead of a good huntin’ dog
– NPR’s Weekend Edition instead of the Bonanza theme song playing in the background
– Blogging on a cell phone instead of scrawling in a journal
– And blacktop instead of a dusty trail through the Mojave, which means hours instead of days on the road
Trying to make Phoenix by sundown, 21st century style
2 thoughts on “Ya know what would make this trip more authentic? A pair of assless chaps. ”
when I met my husband he like to go in one day from Austin, TX to Tucson, AZ. Yea… we don’t do crazy long car rides anymore… can I blame it on the kids?
Oh yes. I am all for blaming things on the kids!